LIBRARY RESEARCH SERVICES
CCSA’s Library Department provides comprehensive scientific literature searches using a variety of bibliographic databases as well as information from the Internet that may not be contained in structured databases.
Access to multiple databases
- NLM’s (US National Library of Medicine’s) PubMed comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE®, life science journals, and online books.
- The ProQuest Dialog™ Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Collection providing access to authoritative pharma and biomedical databases like Embase®, BIOSIS®, Derwent, IMS, and AdisInsight.
- SciFinder®, the interface to CAS® content collection, giving us access to teh most trusted collection of chemical substances, reactions, and literature references.
- Google Scholar can round out a search, as it indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
Complete library services
- Comprehensive literature searches in all areas of biomedical research
- Routine literature searches for INDs and IND annual reports
- Management of references and bibliographies using EndNote® reference management software
Document delivery and access to literature
- The CCSA library is a member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine and has access to biomedical literature across the country through Docline®, its interlibrary loan system.
- The National Library of Medicine retired its Loansome Doc service in 2019. CCSA had been a Loansome Doc provider for many years. Clients searching for biomedical literature in PubMed may continue to request documents through CCSA by contacting us directly at email@example.com to establish an account and begin requesting literature.